Over at George R.R. Martin’s “Not A Blog” he has released a casting clue for Season 4.
“He’s a father, He’s a son. He’s been a bishop, a cardinal, a prior, a friar, a vicar, a knight, a lord, a mayor, a director. There’s one born every minute, but by any other name he’d smell as sweet.”
Obviously from the ending, “There’s one born every minute, but by any other name he’d smell as sweet,” is the much anticipated casting of Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden. The beginning though is most likely clue’s to the actors previous roles.
So who could it be then? Well i suspect it could be British actor Roger Ashton-Griffiths, who’s filmography is inline with the given clues.
- A Bishop = A Knights Tale (2001)
- A Cardinal = Henry VII: Mind of a Tyrant (2009)
- A Prior = Ivanhoe (1997)
- A Friar = Princess of Thieves (2001)
- A Vicar = The Wimbledon Prisoner (1994)
- A Knight = The Tudors (2009)
- A Lord = What a Girl Wants (2003) & Mountains of the Moon (1990)
- A Mayor = The Brothers Grimm (2005)
- A Director = Grace of Monaco (2013)
I’ll post the confirmation, and my thoughts on the casting, when its announced.
But if it’s not Roger Ashton-Griffiths, who do you think it might be?